9.17.2009

Oh Snap!


So, I am not a fan of blogging without pictures (I guess it's the scrapbooker in me), but this news is very blog worthy, and my girlfriend made me feel like less of a mom for not blogging about it. (Thanks a lot, Liza...)

Anyway, Elise tried out for the Nutcracker a few days ago, and she made it!!

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!

She will be playing the part of a gingerbread, which I have not seen in the Nutcracker before, so it should be fun and interesting. When I told her which part she got, she was so excited. After a few minutes, though, she looked at me with concerned eyes and said, "Is that a piece of bread?" You gotta love kids!! I had a good laugh picturing little Elise dancing around as a big piece of bread. She would be darling in ANYTHING, but I have to admit, a gingerbread cookie should be much more pleasing to the eye that a piece of bread.

On the downside for mom, I will be making the journey to Kaysville three times a week now instead of two. I am looking for a room to rent in that area for the next two months. Any takers??? :)

Seriously though, it should be a great experience for Elise, and I will keep you posted of the "goings on" periodically. But for now, if you see me on the freeway, give a wave!!


1 comment:

Liza said...

Sorry for the guilt...why don't you check out the last time I blogged! I'm not proud. You always have a room at our place! :)Congratualtions Elise!!! Can't wait to see you as the BEST BREAD EVER!!