11.07.2008

The Green Monster - AKA Magic Juice


So, while watching my two boys eat breakfast the other morning, I decided I had a worthy blog post happening right before my eyes -  THE MAGIC JUICE!!!  

Let me back it up a little.  About a year ago, Chris (my dear hubby) decided that he wanted a Blendtec blender for Christmas.  For those of you who don't know, this is the Mercedes of all blenders.  I'm fairly certain it could successfully blend a small animal, if tested.  Anyway, after a couple of hours at Costco and a brief love affair between Chris and the man who is now affectionately known as the "Blendtec Guy", we were the proud owners of a Blendtec blender. (We won't discuss the 2nd mortgage to afford the dang thing.)  :)  We have since been making these fabulous smoothies every day, and my kids suck them down!  The great thing about them is that they are loaded with fruits and vegetables.  And these are not the typical kid friendly veggies like "corn or potatoes", these are the good veggies like spinachkalecarrots, etc...  I know, sounds gross!  But, Chris was on a mission to get our kids eating healthier, and lo and behold, this mAgic Juice has done it.  It's mean, green and has this inexplicable power over men, women and children alike.  And for those of you who know me, it won't come as a shock to hear that I have... let's say... a strained relationship with the veg.  But I have to say that now I, in fact, do love me some green smoothie!

So ladies, if you are looking for a great gift for your health conscious hubbies this Christmas or even if you just want to deceive your children into eating more GREENS, let me highly recommend the Blendtec blender.  (Just don't leave your men alone with that Blendtec salesman, he's crafty...)

BEFORE

AFTER

The proof is in the pudding (or should I say... the mAgic JuiCe!!)


No comments: