7.07.2009

Do You Remember... the LEGEND?

So, when I first heard of Michael Jackson's passing, I wasn't terribly affected. Yes, I was in awe like everyone else, but I can't say I had any other emotions about it at the time. Since then, and especially today while watching the amazing tribute to him during his memorial service, my emotions have become a lot stronger. I wouldn't say I am emotional on a personal level, because I, like millions of others, had thought him QUITE strange as of late. I would say my emotions stem more from the sadness of what the media, and such a life as he had in the spotlight, can do to such a talented person.

Michael Jackson was truly a musical GENIUS, and after today, that's how I will remember him. I choose to forget all the strange things that have surrounded his life in the past few years, and will only remember him for all of the truly LEGENDARY things he did in his life. That is how I will pay my tribute to him. I will remember him this way:


Yes, I proudly displayed this poster on my wall
at one point in my teenage years...

RIP Michael - you will be sorely missed by many.
May you finally find the peace you deserve!



No comments: