12.29.2008

One small step for Ya-Ya; one giant heartache for momkind!

Elise has been wanting to have her ears pierced for quite some time.  I have always told myself we would do it when she turned 8 (which is in a short three months), but she really wanted it done for Chrismas.  

So, this past weekend, we finally did it.  I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal to me, and at the time it wasn't, but now I look at her and realize she is growing up.  FAST!!!  It kindof hurts my heart to think that just yesterday she took her first steps (or so it seems, anyway). And before I know it, she will be going on her first date!!  Don't tell her dad, I think he's in denial too...

Knowing that Elise can be very sensitive and a little dramatic (I wonder where she got those traits?), I had been warning her for a couple of days that it would hurt.  I didn't want her to have any surprises going in.  She said she could handle it, and she did, brilliantly!  However, after the second ear was pierced, I could tell it was all she could do not to cry.  I told her it was OK and to go ahead and let it out.  Truth be told, I was secretly hoping she WOULD cry because then I could comfort my "baby girl" and deny that she was getting bigger and more able to do things like this.  I know - I'm pathetic!

Anyway, here are some photos of the big day.  Forgive me -  all we had was a camera phone. YEP - the scrapbooker and photo buff forgot the camera for their first born's big day. LOSERS!!!
I love this picture!!  She has the same "deer in the headlights
look that her dad did on the day she was born!

This is right before the tears came

The finished product

No comments: